Friday, September 01, 2006

Why we don't eat out with children

Last night, after cooking for two weeks straight I decided we were eating out. When Dave came home we were waiting outside for him. I had the boys all dressed up in matching hawaiin shirts, shorts, construction boots with spiked hair. We got in the car and agreed on chilis and sitting outside. We ordered their food, some alcoholic drinks for ourselves (good idea!) and handed the kids some trains to play with. All was well for a while. Everyone was eating and happy. Holden was standing up while eating and all of a sudden started coughing. Before I knew it, he threw up his entire meal all over the floor, table and himself. Dave got up cleaned him, the floor as best he could, washed his hands and we continued to eat. Danny took one look at the table and moved to another seat about 5 feet away. The waitress came out about 10 minutes later with a look of horror on her face. She said, "OH my god, is everyone okay?" Oh yeah, no problem I said, he just choked on a fry. She made the quickest exit I've ever seen while kind of launching the bill at us so she didn't have to come anywhere near us.

1 comment:

Sraikh said...

LOL, At least I havent had that happen YET!