Thursday, October 05, 2006
Power Struggles
I've been working on some different things with Danny. He has always been very argumentative. Recently I've been offering him more choices with everything. I know he has difficulty transitioning or leaving things he's playing with. I have always given him 5 minute warnings for everything. I found something that works even better. I always give him the option and let him chose. If I direct him or tell him what to do it's an order and he immediately turns down all orders. Instead of saying here's your snack simply changing it to do you want goldfish crackers or pretzels he'll gladly make a choice and eat. Going to bed, do you want to chose a story or should I? Leaving the park, should we skip to the car or run like a tiger? Danny loves to feel enpowered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment