Sunday, October 15, 2006
Friday the 13th Weekend
Friday the 13th, our 5th Wedding Anniversary started out with a bang. Dave got up early to work and logged in to his laptop only to find out the entire system crashed. He got up at 5:30 to work for a few hours and then was going to watch Holden while I worked in Danny's classroom. We were able to take Holden to the babysitters instead and he went in to work. We met for dinner at Dakota's, a really nice steakhouse in Simi Valley. The following day we got up and took Danny to soccer and were the only ones to show up. Apparently, it was cancelled but no one informed us. We played for a while and then went to the gym, mcdonalds and Trader Joes. Somewhere along the way I lost my keys. Yes, I know the last time I lost them I flushed them down the toilet. I checked but they weren't in there. I then went in to psycho hormonal woman and re-traced all of my steps including searching the entire park. Dave's brother and his wife were due to arrive at 3:30. I pulled in the driveway at 3:20 still without keys. I searched the house a little more and gave up for the time being. We had a wonderful visit with them. After they went home I searched more and eventually fell asleep dreaming about keys and the $150 it was going to cost to replace them. Dave woke up with Holden and all of a sudden I heard a jingle of keys. I shot of bed so fast and yelled "My keys" They were in Dave's gym bag! *#@%!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
all is good that ends good:)
I remember us going away the following they, and me realising at 11 PM that I dont know where the keys are. I looked everywhere in the house!! Nothing. Then at 5 AM As I was lying in bed thinking that we are not going anywhere, I remember that Vicki played near the washing machine, si I go to check, and there they were:)
While I was pregnant with Syd, Chloe took my keys out of the diaper bag and asked me if she could hold them. I was so tired I said yes. That was about 4 months ago and I haven't seen them since. I'm using my spare car key and our hide-a-key for the house. I'm totally screwed if I lose this set! I know I'll find my keys someday...when I have a new car and I won't need them!
Happy Anniversay!!! Wow, how your life has changed in 5 years, huh? From diamonds to diapers, from wine to whinning, from romantic dates to play-dates...it's all worth it though! :) Dakota's is a great place to celebrate, I hear. My friend Michelle has been there. Maybe I can get Jim to take me out on date too...HA! HA! HA!
Post a Comment