Monday, October 23, 2006
Cell Phone Smack Down
Some people just shouldn't have cell phones. I was at the outdoor mall with Holden today. He was playing on those little cars that you pay a dollar for them to shake for 30 seconds. The only difference is I tell my kids they are broken and they can only sit in them. When we got to the cars there was a little boy about Holden's age playing there. I saw no parent there but then noticed a woman with a little baby in an infant carseat talking on her cellphone about 10 feet away. Holden goes up to one of the cars and climbs in. As he does the "latch key child" grabs his shirt attempting to pull him out of the car. He then says to Holden, 'Mine" I tell Holden it's okay and look at the woman engrossed in her conversation. I figured well I guess I'll parent her kid if she's too busy. I told the kid "NO" So Holden feeling intimidated gets down and moves on to something else and the kid follows him and repeats his charade only now attempting to pull the whoobie out of his mouth. Uh no not the whoobie that's it lady. I look at her and say, "Excuse me is he yours?" She says oh yeah and continues to talk on her phone. I say would you mind getting him off of my son? Now don't get me wrong I completely understand the mind of a 2 year old child it's just the 30 year old woman talking on her cell phone too busy to parent/teach her child that I just don't get.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Stupid lady. and after you told her abt her child and she continues her chat.. Double stupid..
BTW, The cell phone thing I feel was more common in CA..I have yet to see it happen here!
What a pain in the butt. We get that alot here too. Not at parks so much (since we rarely go) but in shopping malls. They rather talk on the phone than take care of their kid.
Post a Comment