Saturday, April 14, 2007

Bye Bye Whoobies

We've been talking to a Holden for a while about getting rid of his pacifiers. Today was the day. I rounded them all up put them in a zip lock bag and off to the Disney Store we went. Holden picked out a stuffed Daisey and Goofey and he paid with his pacifiers. They guy didn't get it at first. His response was, "You want to pay with pacifiers?" I gave him a look and said, "Please just play along here we are trying to get rid of his pacifiers." I slipped him my credit card. He took them and we said look Holden they are all gone and all cared about was his new purchase. We'll see how naptime goes and bedtime. He's up there now and I tucked in Daisey, Goofey and his two mickey mouse toys. He asked for the whoobies and I said remember we don't have them anymore.

We have 4 months before baby # 3 comes along. I really wanted to have Holden potty trained and the whoobies gone but didn't want to do everything at once. He's about 95% potty trained and there isn't a pacifier in the house.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I told Chloe this story and she just looked at me with a blank stare. I asked her if she wanted to go shopping and pay with her binkies and she said, "No, Daddy give me money."

Geekette said...

How is he doing with out the whoobies? What a very interesting way to handle it also.