Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Ramona The Brave
I thought I would do Danny a favor by reading him chapter books to boost his vocabulary. The last time we were at the library I checked out one of my childhood favorites, "Ramona The Pest" by Beverly Cleary. For about a week I read to Danny every night. One night Dave put danny upstairs on a time-out and when he went to get him he found him eating "Ramona The Pest" The book was probably the same copy I had as a child so I taped it and returned it. I didn't feel too bad thinking the library really shouldn't have 25 year old copies of books. I did return it early but didn't get any kudos for that. The Head Librarian left a message for "Mrs. Roff" saying that appears that someone had eaten several pages out of "Ramona The Pest" In her words, the book was so damaged I would have to replace it. It's been a couple weeks and I thought they would have forgotten about me. I called today to find out what replace means. So apparently, I have to buy a new hardcover copy and bring it in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You need to find a new library and change your name! JK! I had to replace a CD cover at the library and they only charged me a couple of bucks. You should ask the head master how much it costs THEM to replace the book and pay their price.
Actually I think I'm just going to say "We know Chloe" (ha!)
Good Idea though
Hmm...my library emailed me to inform me I had a picture inside one of the books I returned!
Oh man....
I remember Olivia tearing up a book about 2 years ago...I used up a roll of tape repairing it. They never called me about it, thank goodness!
Did he like the story at all? I was thinking about getting chapter books for Olivia...
Post a Comment