Thursday, May 24, 2007

To Nap Or Not To Nap

That is the current debate in my head right now. Danny stopped napping regularly at about 3 and a half. Holden seems ready to phase out naps because even though we put him to bed with Danny at 8 or 8:30 we often still find him up as late as 9:30. He doesn't get out of bed or bother us but we find him laying in bed singing or rolling around. Without a nap he's out without a peep by 7:30 and will sleep until about 6:30 or 7:00. For the most part he's pretty pleasant without a nap. Danny at times can still be a monster around 5 o'clock.

We also go through the same routine everyday when I attempt to put him down. Now that he's potty trained he refuses to wear a diaper at all. So after he's in bed about 10 or 15 minutes I will hear "Mommy I have to poo." So up I go and open the door and let him out and he runs to the bathroom. Everyday I ask him before he lays down and he always says no. This little routine takes up about 30 minutes of our nap. Then I hear him sing all the songs from school, toss everything out of his bed, yell cover me up a few times and eventually I hear nothing. By then it's almost 3 o'clock and I think wouldn't it be a lot easier if we didn't nap?

No comments: