A couple weeks ago I bought a bunch of ping pong balls at a Sporting Goods Store. I had an empty plastic container that I use to put a ping pong ball in for positive rewards for Danny. We put a ball in for positive behavior and take one out for negative. It's helped him really think before he does things. He's also started doing good deeds and then afterwards will say to me, "Do I get a ping pong ball for that?" When he fills the bin or we use all of the balls he gets to pick a reward out of my goody bag. Last week he earned a train and was so excited. This morning he had a ping pong ball taken away for hitting his brother. He cried about it for 10 minutes and then kept saying sorry over and over again and asking for it back. I told him he'd have to earn it back.
So far this is the one thing that seems to really work for him. He will sit on a time-out but it doesn't seem to have a lasting affect.
Monday, February 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Im glad its working. Ive thought of starting something like that for Maygan, although Id have to do it on a much smaller scale as I dont think she'd completely understand yet.
That is such a great idea! I'm going to copy you and I hope I have the same results. Chloe opened up a bottle of Clear Eyes at Target yesterday and squirted it all over the floor before I could say, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" I asked a Target employee to tell her that it was wrong (in hopes of scaring her) but it all backfired. The employee that I picked has no children and kept telling me how cute Chloe is! Chloe just looked at me and smiled! DAMN! Anyway, I had to pay for 2 Clear Eyes and I only needed/wanted one!
Post a Comment