Sunday, February 22, 2009

Burning Down The House!

It's been more then a week so I feel like I can talk about "it" now.

Who knew a house full of boys could cause such chaos? Dave and I were sitting in the kitchen enjoying a few minutes of silence. That should have been clue # 1. When all of a sudden in mid sentence (according to my husband) I stop rambling and start running all over the house. The smell of burning hair was coming from somewhere. I ran up the stairs and found Danny and Holden sitting at their computer. Apparently, I asked them what they did. Yes, I will admit I automatically assumed they were the cause of the smell. After doing laps around our home I discovered on my last lap down the stairs the cause. Someone so nicely tossed one of Griffin's wool sweaters. They made a basket directly on top of our chandelier which was on. That caused the sweater to smoke and burned a large black hole right threw it. Of course, no one took credit for the 3 pointer. But, Dave and I are once again grateful for a beautiful home, children and happiness. I'm leaving out health for the moment as we regain our sanity.

Bare with us, this is the same weekend that the boys slammed their bedroom doors so many times Dave decided to remove their door. Now that's either one innovative Dad or one former "destructive dad." I think the latter.

I doubt Dave will ever complain about my less then perfect hearing. For he has proof now that a deaf wife equals a wife with a nose like a blood hound!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

That's crazy! Yet, it's just another day at the Roff House! :) HA! Thankfully you were home and caught it in time.

4texans said...

Whew what a day you weekend you had!