Thursday, August 09, 2007

Date night with an all new twist!

Two nights in a row Dave and I have had the pleasure of rushing off to L&D only to be sent home for false alarms. I'm basically 9 days away from my due date and this baby keeps teasing us. The first night we had a front row seat of the Angels game with a really bad tv. We also dined on some deli sandwiches out of the vending machine. Night two was even more exciting. Thinking my water had broke we were sure we were staying. Dave bought a magazine and I was settled in watching some tv. They tested some fluid and what do you know I peed on myself. Isn't life grand?

The good news is when we came home the boys were exhausted and were in bed before 7 and slept until 6:30. Aunt Judy and my Dad were there and we had a nice dinner.

The worst part is I keep calling people to watch the boys. I told the L&D nurse and she suggested we just bring them until we know we are staying. Dave and I both laughed. "Kiss all of your expensive equipment good-bye!"

Only one more week or so. I will survive. I think we may need to change our answering machine to say no the baby is not here yet. The calls started last week. I just don't understand why people call and ask that question.

No comments: