
Sweet baby Griffin turned 2 today. What better way to celebrate then a trash truck birthday cake and accessories. I decided to research baking my own cake. IT wasn't as hard as I thought. I made one 9x13 inch cake and 2 round cakes. IT was definitely too much cake. I used parchment paper to keep it from sticking and froze it after the fact then iced it. I ran in to trouble when I decided to show Griffin the finished cake when he woke up from his nap Saturday..BIG mistake of course he wanted to eat the oreo tires. I left it in the refrigerator in the garage and came back inside. A few minute later Griffin is nowhere to be found and I run in the garage and find him eating an oreo tire. HE smeared the top of the cake removing the saran wrap. I fixed it as best as I could, oh well!!
Danny was more excited then Griffin when it came time to open gifts. He's just like me. He asked the night before if he could open just one gift. Griffin received an awesome trash truck from Auntie Jill, a duplo trash truck set from his brothers and the books, "I Stink" and "Smash Crash There Goes the Trash" from Mommy and Daddy.
As you can see he really enjoyed his cake!!
2 comments:
TWO YEARS??? Where did the time go?! We will have to celebrate soon.
Oh, I almost forgot...You did a great job on the cake! :)
Post a Comment