Thursday, December 27, 2007

He slept thru the night

I'm not referring to the baby. It has been 9 days since Holden's tonsil surgery. Last night was the first night he slept thru the night. Not good for two parents used to at least a 6 hour stretch from their newborn. Holden finally seems pretty close to back to normal. This morning when he woke up crying it was not because his mouth hurt but because Mom forgot to turn the night light on.

We have gone thru 3 boxes of Popsicles, numerous Gatorade bottles and ice cream. He's fought us brushing teething, swallowing medicine and just about everything else. Anyone that thinks staying home with kids is easy or boring needs to spend a day in my house. I have so many things to add to my resume when I do go back to work. Nowhere in this job do I get 15 minute breaks, lunch or overtime. I wear a beaper 24 hours a day. Showering without a child's face smashed up against the glass, using the restroom without a knock on the door or pulling a part two fighting children are privileges you just don't understand until you have children. Someday I'll actually need to wake them for school. Someday their friends will be more important then I am. But, for now I'll enjoy those days when "Holden says Mommy I like you!" Or Danny coming home from school with the gifts he made for us proudly saying, "Holden I made you a bookmark"

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yay!! I'm so glad he's doing better.