Is it possible to have your healthcare cancelled because of your child or children's behavior in a doctor's office? If so I better start shopping.
Let me highlight our last two appointments and then you all can just comment about how I'm not alone..
Last Friday, I took Danny to see his Pediatrician to show her his eczema. He was very good in the doctor's office. I should have known. We agreed he needed a blood test and I drove both kids to the lab across the street. Holden's latest trick is screaming in places where there is an echo. So as I stood in line for the lab he started squealing. The lady in front of me glared at me and said, "Is he whistling?" Oh yeah I said! So I get to the front of the line only to find out I need to check in somewhere else.
We get in line number two and Holden is sitting in his stroller and yells "blast off" and throws his whobbie (pacifier) clear across the room and clocks a 90 year old woman in a walker. She laughed but no one else did.
Then he finds a child with a thomas t-shirt, thomas shorts and thomas shoes and for the next 10 minutes says Thomas over and over. It is really not necessary to wear a thomas shirt, shoes and shorts..I'm sure he was wearing thomas underwear too!
We check-in leave and everyone finishes talking about me as I walk away. We get in to the lab and Danny jumps up in the seat like he's waiting for a present. That is until the technician pulls out a needle. I pick him up and hold him down while she twists the needle around in his arm trying to find a vein. Meanwhile, Holden sitting in his stroller which might I add is a 5 pt harness gets out of it.
So, I've decided and you all can remind me that I'm right in 25 years. I think danny is going to be an Artist and Holden a Magician.
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment